- Published on Friday, 14 December 2012 17:51
The Student Leaders® Program is an eight-week summer experience for high school juniors and seniors. The program includes a paid internship with a local nonprofit organization as well as the Student Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C., July 8-13, 2013. The program gives Student Leaders® the opportunity to develop and apply leadership skills through hands-on community work experience while discovering their own talents for serving their community and leading others.
To become a Student Leader, you must:
- Currently be a junior or senior in high school
- Be able to participate in an 8-week paid internship at a local nonprofit/charitable organization and work 35 hours a week
- Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September 2013
- Be able to participate in a week-long Student Leadership Summit in Washington, DC (July 8- July 13, 2013). (All expenses paid as part of the Student Leaders Program. This week will be part of your 8-week experience.)
- Be a student in good standing at your school
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator.
Click here for the application and additional information about the program. The application deadline is January 25th, 2013.